Monday, September 10, 2012

A New Year!




These are some pictures of my room this year.  Every year I rearrange and do something different.  I get bored.  It also makes it feel like a new year!  I took the pictures from several different angles.  Our rooms are pretty small and I have a lot of stuff.  So I organize it for maximum potential. (and so I can find stuff when I need it!)

For teacher's New Year's comes in August or September. It's new children, sometimes a new classroom, sometimes a new co-worker, new ideas to try, new policies, and of course new school supplies! I've heard that if a teacher walks into a store when they put out the school supplies and is not totally drawn by the sights and smells, it's time to retire. I always make resolutions at the beginning of a new school year--things I want to change, things I want to do better. I am an organization junkie! Like if I lived anywhere near a Container Store, I would be in so much trouble! You can tell by the pics I am posting of my classroom, yet every year I want to organize differently and more efficiently. It's a never ending process. This year some of my resolutions are to differentiate my learning. In Pre-k everyone comes in on so many different levels. I want to let some of them take off, hold some of their hands and push a few. I also want to tackle more class books. They really love reading these! I always try to help them grow their independence and I love seeing their faces light up when they figure out they can do it by themselves! This year is off to an interesting start. We stagger the children as they come in so they can learn our school and routine. Most of them were only here a couple of days and Hurricane Isaac hit. We were out a few days and then out for Labor Day. This is our first full week of school. I hope we get in a routine soon. My little ones do so much better with routine!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog design is adorable and so is your classroom. I love all of the bright colors. =)

    I do LOVE new school supplies but when they start putting them out around the 4th of July I do ignore them for a little bit longer.

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete