Thursday, August 21, 2014

Welcome Back!

It has been a long, hot summer here in Louisiana!  My poor blog has gotten no attention.  My kids have though! They have been at summer camps off and on all summer.  Our pool hasn't even gotten much use.  But now it's back to business.  School has started here and it's my favorite time of year!

I just love the first days of school.  I love the way school supplies smell and look all organized.  I love getting my classroom ready for all the little darlin's that are coming. And I love meeting all my little sweethearts and getting to know their personalities.

I have seen lots of people putting pictures of their classrooms up.  It makes me want to do better and be a little more organized (although my co-workers already think I'm crazy organized)  Each year I rearrange my room and do some different things because I get bored with the same thing year after year.  I have a small classroom so I have to make the most of each little nook and cranny.

This is my PreK-4 classroom this year (so far!!)
This is my view from my desk and it looks towards our calendar area.
 This is our "Measure Me" wall.  Every couple of weeks I change out the unit of measurement on the wall and take a picture of the kids beside it.  They count how many units tall they are and we leave their pictures up for about 2 weeks.  They love to have their picture taken and measure themselves and each other.  I hope to have this set up at my TPT store by the end of the week.  It will have the units of measurement and the picture cards for each unit.
 This is the view from my door.  You can see the block center, the Little People center and the kitchen center.
 Another view from my door way looking at my back wall.  Told you I use every available space.  I don't think I can put anything else in here!
 This view looks at my desk area and our carpet area.
 Ok! So I am sooo excited about my All About the Number board.  The theme in my room is monsters and thanks to Krista Wallden at Creative Clips, I have the cutest monsters to put on my board!
 Also, thanks to Creative Clips, I made some precious name tags for my tables!! I have 3 tables and they each have their own color monster.  It coordinates with their shelf in the back of our room where their supplies are located.


 These are the supply shelves in the back of our room.  Each table has their own baskets of supplies.  Each child's alphabet boxes are in the middle shelves and our Math Station boxes are on the bottom of the shelves.  
 This is our Art Center and Pocket Chart center.  We obviously don't go to those centers at the same time.
 Here is our writing center.
 Our Alphabet Center
 And this is our rug time area and reading center.  We spend lots of time here.
Check back soon to see what we will be learning and doing in our class!  We have some exciting things planned!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment