Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer's Over! Yay!

I know a lot of y'all are thinking "What?"  Don't get me wrong, I like summer.  It's a great time to recharge my batteries.  But I LOVE the start of school!! As soon as the school supplies start rolling out at the stores, I start getting really excited.  I love setting up my room, coming up with new ideas for my room, getting things ready for my new kiddos and anticipating their excitement!   After 20 years of teaching I still get excited about my job.  My classroom is my "Happy Place."  Here are some pictures of my room set-up this year.  I change it up every year because I get bored. (I have been in the same room for 10 years now!)

This is a view from my desk.  It is our rug time space and the front of the room.


 Our Learning Station and Center management area.  These labels are for sale  at my TPT Store.


 Class Jobs
 This is our behavior chart.  If their monster stays "right side up" then they had a good day and I put a sticker on their behavior calendar.  If I have to fuss, then their monster gets turned "upside down" and they get an upside down sticker on their behavior calendar.  If they are having a really tough day then their monster falls off the board and they get a note home and no sticker on their calendar.


 This is the view from my door.


This is a view of the back my classroom.




 Art Center


 Pocket Chart Center


 "Little People" Center


 ABC Center


 "Home" Center


Reading Center


 Big Book Center


 Another view of our calendar board

0 comments:

Post a Comment