Tuesday, October 23, 2012

We Got It!

I love Fall. I love the cooler temperatures, football, the beautiful colors,and the cool weather foods. But I especially love that my students are finally getting in the groove. They know and follow the rules(most of the time). They are becoming independent thinkers. They are able to work in small groups and with partners to problem solve, play games and do learning activities. In the mornings when we come in they do Partner games. I put many games around the room on the floor. The rule is that only 2 people can play together and they have to finish the game before moving on to another. The games can be literacy games, math games, seasonal games or social living games. I try to change them up weekly. Sometimes the games are the same with different manipulatives. Today I noticed they are finally getting the hang of it! They are so excited when they find a match, get the right order, finish a lengthy game, or get the right answer. I love this time of the year! Now I feel like we are getting somewhere.









0 comments:

Post a Comment